Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Apple Pickin'

A windy, but beautiful Tuesday. Every other Tuesday four ladies get together for tea. Good time in my week, so look forward to that get together. A new person came to join us this Tuesday.I found out she wanted someone to come and pick her apples, the tree was loaded. I so wanting to can some apple sauce, i was definitely up for picking apples.
When we arrived ready to pick , the apple tree was at the bottom of a hill, we had to wade through big tall picker bushes, stickers as big as walnuts. We just couldn't get to the tree. We drove around to a neighbors property, drove the car as close to the barbed wire fence as possible.
I held the fence while my husband climbed between the wires. The tree was only about ten feet away.
I was praying the farmer that owned the field would not see us driving on his crop, (what ever it was.)
We did pick two bushels between the two of us. and got out before anyone spotted us.
You don't have to be a rocket scientist to guess what is going on at my house today.
Sweet canning! Not bad for two senior citizens

No comments: