Thursday, September 4, 2008

Grandmother

Quit a few years back when our last son was only four, i was required to go to Florida and care for my grandmother who was almost bedridden, She was living with my aunt who was up in her seventies and not able to care for all her needs. At that time the four year old son had to go with me. One day he was in grandma's bedroom when i was getting her out of bed to use the bathroom, this four year old was standing at the foot of the bed as she was getting up, his eyes got as big as baseballs, his comment was "Momma great grandma never got out of diapers?"
He trained real quick after that one.

1 comment:

Roger DJ said...

Sandy, I had a similar experience with my grandmother. I happened to walk by her bathroom and the door was slightly ajar. She was bent over the sink doing something and then I saw her actually take her teeth out of her mouth. I was in shock! Never had heard of such a thing at my young age.
Good posts you have here. I love these little snippets of your lives.
Keep it up !