Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Apple Sauce

We were up to our knees in apples all week. Now twenty eight quarts of apple sauce later (not finished yet) we will rest until next week.
We dropped into bed last night and didn't move till nine hours later. I think we need a break.
When i was about eight or nine my grandmother would have me help with the canning cause my hand would fit in the bottom of the jars. I swore i would never can again.
I started thirty five years ago to can again. Now i just love it. When the jars are lined up on the shelf with all that color. I stand back and say, "It is good" ( I know i read that somewhere)
I believe God said that when He created each part of the world we live in
I know just a little of how He felt, each time i create something that He gives me the idea for.
How wonderful life is when we know Him.
Enjoy your day

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love it too.

My gram taught me how to do it, and I helped her for years.

My mother didn't care and I wasn't allowed the use the kitchen "to make it dirty", but when I lived on my own I started again.

When we moved here the neighbour was a good friend and we bought some appletrees which we spread over both our gardens.

The woman who came in his house shared the apples. We canned them and in return she got the best applepie we made.

The new neighbours now had the apples rot on the trees.
It's was painful to see, especially as the children here loved those autumndays of gathering apples and making applesauce and all the other special things with them.

Strangely enough our trees didn't have apples this year.

Is nature telling us to move?

Have a nice day!